Have you ever felt restricted with the limitations of the traditional pen and pencil? While pencils are erasable, it only offers one monotonous color. On the other hand, even though pens may come in different color selections, there is no chance that anyone can erase it quickly and properly. Fortunately, erasable pens have been invented. This provided artists and toddlers alike a whole new way to improve their craft and learn to write. If you need to get the best erasable pen for your project or practice sessions, this article can provide you with good insight.
Arming yourself with useful information about erasable pens will help you pick the right brand. If you proceed to purchase without knowing anything about these wonderful items, you will definitely end up buying a substandard product. This article will help you learn a great deal about the popular brands of erasable pens in the market today.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Erasable Pen Reviews
- 1. PILOT FriXion Clicker Gel Ink Pen
- 2. ParKoo Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
- 3. Pilot Frixion Ball Erasable ColorSticks Pens
- 4. Paper Mate EraserMate Erasable Pen
- 5. Vanstek Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
- 6. BBLIKE 12-Pack Gel Ink Erasable Pens
- 7. PILOT FriXion Point Refillable Gel Ink Erasable Pens
- 8. TANMIT Erasable Pen Retractable
- 9. ParKoo Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
- 10. BIC Erasable Gel Pen
- 11. BunMo Ocean Clickers Erasable Pens
- 12. Lineon Erasable Gel Pens
- What to Look for When Buying Erasable Pens
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 12 Erasable Pen Reviews
1. PILOT FriXion Clicker Gel Ink Pen
If you love using writing or doodling on a paper, you know that there is no better tool to use than an erasable pen. Erasable pens allow us to explore our creativity without wasting paper. All we have to do is to erase it and continue bringing the idea immediately. If you want a good erasable pen for your own projects, the PILOT FriXion Clicker Gel Pen is the right pen for you.
What I love about using the PILOT FriXion is its ease of use. The pen is comfortable in my hand. The rubber tube gives my hand a firm handle. Because of this, the pen doesn’t slip even if my hand gets sweaty.
Another thing that I love about this FriXion Clicker erasable pen is the color selection. There are seven color options in this pack – black, blue, light blue, red, green, purple, and turquoise. The erasable ink pens are very clear and write smoothly on paper.
2. ParKoo Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
Writing manually is very prone to mistakes. This is due to the fact that the hands and the mind do not work at the same time. If you are writing something, you will notice that there is a significant delay in what you are thinking and what you are transcribing into a paper. If you want your writings to be free of mistakes, you certainly need an erasable pen like the ParKoo Gel Pen.
Using this product brings nothing but pure joy! It is very easy to use. I did not have any difficulty holding the pens. The tip comes out easily using the spring-loaded clicker located at the other end of the pen. The eraser is very effective and doesn’t break easily.
Another pleasant surprise is the number of colored pens. Other erasable pen brands offer only up to seven pens. This one, however, has 10 pens that I can use with my art projects. The color selection is also wider compared to other brands. ParKoo erasable pens offer black, red, blue, light blue, royal blue, indigo, violet, green, light green, and orange.
3. Pilot Frixion Ball Erasable ColorSticks Pens
Creativity certainly knows no bounds. For those who are just discovering their passion for writing or drawing, a good erasable pen will help you improve. If you like using barrel-capped pens for your writing or drawing, you will certainly like what the Pilot Frixion Stick Ballpoint Pens have in store for you.
I like using this amazing pen. It looks and feels like a traditional pen. The overall feel in my hand is very comfortable. It doesn’t slip out of my hands even if my hand is wet. In addition, this pen writes smoothly. The ink is dispensed without evenly and without blots. Also, the ink doesn’t bleed on the other side of the paper.
Another feature that I like about these gel ink stick pens is the color selection. With 10 colored pens, I will never get bored in class again! I can use them for my studies, my art projects, and most of all, for practicing my penmanship. After I am finished, all I have to do is to erase what I wrote or drew and I can use the same paper again for other purposes.
4. Paper Mate EraserMate Erasable Pen
Having an endless supply of erasable pens means unlimited fun. However, with the cost of individual erasable pens, it would surely make a dent in your wallet, especially if you’re still a student. If you want to use erasable pens continuously without worrying about your budget, the Paper Mate Erasable Pen will supply you with 12 pens!
I am glad I purchased this brand of an erasable pen! The pens are very easy to use. It doesn’t hurt my hand. It stays firmly in my hand when I’m holding it. The ink is very clear when it comes into contact with the surface of the paper. In addition, the ink doesn’t bleed on the other side of the page where I wrote something. With this, I am confident that I can write in my notebook endlessly.
Another feature that I really like about this particular erasable pen is its ability to write on any angle. This feature is certainly not available in any erasable pen brands. This is because of the pressurized ink chamber. With this, I’m not worried that the ink won’t reach the tip because of the way I hold the pen.
5. Vanstek Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
Color selection is a major consideration when choosing a brand of colored erasable pens. Without it, you would surely get stuck in using one color – which is usually black, blue, or red. If you wish to improve your drawing or writing skills, you certainly need to have a wide color choice in your arsenal. Fortunately, Vanstek Retractable Gel Pens can help you with your goals.
Of all the erasable pen brands that I’ve used so far, I can say that this one is my favorite. This pen writes clearly. The color selection is also mind-blowing. It is bright but easy on the eyes. Moreover, the ink doesn’t have a bad smell. It doesn’t drip or bleed. Once the ink is in the paper, it doesn’t smudge because it dries fast.
Another amazing feature of this pen is the eraser. It erases the ink in a very smooth manner. In addition, the eraser itself is very durable. With this, I am confident that it won’t crumble easily especially at times when I need it most.
6. BBLIKE 12-Pack Gel Ink Erasable Pens
Losing a pen is a common problem for students, professionals, and even artists. The pain of losing cheap erasable pens is even worse. But what if you could get yourself a good supply of pens? Presenting BBLIKE Gel ink Erasable Pens – these pens come in 12 pieces in one pack!
This particular brand of an erasable pen is very easy to use. It writes and erases smoothly. The eraser, which is located on the opposite end of the tip is durable. The tip is very fine; 0.5mm to be exact. This allows me to write and draw more without consuming too much space on my paper.
For a pen that you can erase, the ink dries quickly. It does not bleed on the other side of the paper. It also doesn’t have a bad smell, making it good for children who are learning to write. Finally, this pen is very easy to store. I can store it neatly inside the pockets of my bag or the front pocket of my jacket.
7. PILOT FriXion Point Refillable Gel Ink Erasable Pens
If you love writing in your notebook or doing crossword puzzles, there is one writing instrument that can give you the chance to correct yourself. This instrument is called an erasable pen. There is one brand that stands among the rest: PILOT Frixion Point. And the best thing about this product is it is completely refillable!
I have definitely enjoyed using this erasable pen! It felt very comfortable in my right hand. It didn’t slip in my hand. I was able to write a few lines smoothly. In addition, this pen dispensed ink consistently. I was also able to observe that the ink did not bleed on the other side of the paper.
The eraser was tough and removed the ink smoothly. The paper didn’t suffer any damage as I erased the ink on its surface. This is good news for those who have a limited supply of paper but want to have unlimited fun.
What fascinated me the most was the fact that this erasable pen is completely refillable. This is a good feature because no matter how much I use this pen, I can still keep the body which houses the ink chamber and replace it with a fresh supply of ink. This is very beneficial to those who want to save money.
8. TANMIT Erasable Pen Retractable
If you are using a traditional or an erasable pen, it is really important to have a reasonable supply of it. This will allow you to have choices, especially if you are going to use it for artistic purposes. If you need assorted color inks for your erasable pens, the brand that you should look for in the market is TANMIT.
There are so many things that I enjoy with this erasable pen. First of which is this pen’s level of comfort in my hand. The pen is very easy to control. I can make lines and strokes without straining my hand. Even after a long time of using it, my hand is still not tired.
Another feature of this product that I consider positive is the wide color selection. With this, I can use different colors especially if I’m practicing my drawing. This is also good for parents who have children that are learning to write or just want to simply express their creativity.
9. ParKoo Retractable Erasable Gel Pens
If you’re tired of using erasable pens that actually just scratch the paper away and don’t actually remove the pen’s ink, then this erasable gel pen from ParKoo will definitely keep you satisfied.
You can’t complain about the gel ink itself, as the colors are so bold. Furthermore, they write smoothly, I loved using them over and over! The inks don’t skip at all. I chose the box which contains four colors: black, blue, green, and red. I don’t have any complaints about the colors.
10. BIC Erasable Gel Pen
My interest in crafts never faded even if I have a family and a business to run all at the same time. As a businesswoman I always keep records even if we already live in what we so-called “digital world”, what can I do? I’m old school, I want my records to be color-coded and neat, this way my records are organized and I can easily identify which is which.
I like using erasable gel pens by BIC because they show up more clearly on dark or slick surfaces than the typical inks used in an erasable ballpoint pen or felt tip pens. I can keep my record neat & clean using the eraser on its end.
I always lose my grip whenever I hold on something, the good thing is this pen has a rubber grip and makes my writing easy and fast. The pack has three vibrant colors which make my records pleasing to the eye, I can identify things easily and it gives a different shade to my records. If you value your money this is a good investment as it is refillable and it is made to last.
11. BunMo Ocean Clickers Erasable Pens
I love answering crossword puzzles, but one of my biggest frustrations is having to write over a spelling mistake, or a wrong answer. A friend suggested that I try and use Ocean Clickers Erasable Pens by BunMo. My kids and I immediately fell in love with the pens due to its fun and cool designs.
Aside from the fun and cool designs of each pen in which my kids love these pens are fun to use and it brings out all their creativity. This pen is erasable, it cleans paper thoroughly and doesn’t tear up the paper. I do not have to worry even if my children made mistakes while writing, they hate their writing to be untidy and the eraser solves the problem. Also, these pens write way better than any erasable pen they’ve used before. I can say that these pens have great value for their price because it has 12 blue ink pens plus refills with cute baby ocean animals that can last for months.
12. Lineon Erasable Gel Pens
I love journaling! I started this trait when I was a kid. I write whenever I feel like doing it, depending on my mood, feelings, thoughts, and events in my life. I am very particular when it comes to pens. And my love affair with Lineon started when my best friend gave me a set on Thanksgiving.
What I really love about this pen is that it has a fine point which is pretty perfect for writing. It doesn’t slip whenever I’m using it and it is comfortable to hold because of the rubber grip feature, I can always put it on my pocket or on the collar of my shirt to ensure I won’t miss it using the clip. Not only that, but the barrel is also transparent which makes it easier to see if the pen ran out of ink or if it needs a refill. The set has 15 eye-catching colors and I like how it gives life and lovely hues to my journal. It is lightweight and just like pencils, I can easily erase erroneous words or phrases with no sweat and without compromising the neatness of my journal.
What to Look for When Buying Erasable Pens
There are literally hundreds of erasable pen brands in the market these days. Each one of them offers a kind of quality that you will not expect to see with other brands. There are some brands that will offer you with bright colored ink, but the delivery is very inconsistent. To avoid this scenario either at your home or during your art class, you need to find the right erasable pen.
So what, then exactly, are the things that you should look for when buying an erasable pen? Here are some simple suggestions that could take a huge worry off your mind:
- Tip size. When it comes to erasable pens, the size of the tip really does matter. Some people prefer using 0.7 mm while some prefer 0.5 mm. The size of the tip determines the thickness of the lines that you are going to make.
For those into doodling, the ability to control the lines lies with the right size of the tip. This way, you can produce the best image without having to run the same lines over and over again.
- Color options. Artists and toddlers alike are attracted by the prospect of using pens with different ink colors. If you are going to purchase erasable pens, you need to weigh in on the number of color choices on the pack.
If you are going to give a multi-colored set of erasable pens to a toddler, this will definitely encourage them to practice their writing. It will allow them to experiment with colors, thus broadening their knowledge about colors.
- Erasability of the ink. Determine the level of the ink’s erasability before buying any brand of erasable pens. If the ink doesn’t erase easily, then there’s no point in buying it. On the other hand, if the ink can be erased but the eraser damages the paper, you might want to move on to the next brand on your list.
- Does it bleed? Most pens, while they write clearly, bleed ink on the other side of the paper. This is going to be troublesome especially if the paper is too thin. If you are going to purchase erasable pens, make sure that it doesn’t bleed on the other side of the paper to ensure the smoothest writing experience.
- Consistency. When buying an erasable pen, you need to see the consistency of the ink. Does it dispense the same quantity and quality of ink with each use? Does it blot when you make a stroke? If the ink is not consistent with each stroke, it means that the pen is not worth it.
The consistency of the ink provides the quality of writing experience. Without it, the lines or words will be indiscernible. Moreover, the poor quality of ink distribution will lead to doing a stroke over and over again. However, if the quality of the ink is good, you can efficiently write whatever you want without wasting time and effort in the process.
Choosing an erasable pen is an exhausting task. You really need to take into consideration lots of things before you make a decision to purchase it.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is an erasable pen?
An erasable pen is a kind of pen which uses a specially-formulated ink. This makes erasing the ink on the surface of the paper more possible.
If you are tired of using the traditional pen and pencil, the erasable pen will definitely suit your writing or drawing needs without needing to waste paper.
How does it work?
Erasable pens work just like traditional pens do. The only difference is that the ink that was transferred to the paper can be erased anytime you want.
The ink of an erasable pen is stored in one tubular storage or reservoir. This is then dispensed slowly on a nib downwards. The nib or tip is either made of ballpoint or felt.
Basically, there are two kinds of inks that erasable pens use. These are:
- Rubber cement solution ink. This is made from elastic polymers (usually latex) that are mixed with known solvents such as hexane, heptane, acetone, and toluene. The solvents dry quickly and the rubber solidifies. The resulting product makes a strong yet highly flexible bond.
- Thermosensitive ink. Thermosensitive ink is also known as thermochromic ink. This is a kind of dye that changes color when different temperatures are applied. This kind of ink becomes transparent when the surface is heated up to 60°C and appears once more when it is cooled down to -10°
Once the special ink has been transferred to paper (by writing or drawing) and has dried enough, it can now be removed by the rubber eraser situated at the opposite end of the pen. The friction between the eraser and the paper causes the ink to vanish on the surface of the paper.
Who is this for?
If you are an aspiring artist, or a student who wants to experiment with doodling, or if you are a typical person who wants to correct a spelling mistake when it happens, then pens that can erase are definitely for you. The possibilities that erasable pens can bring is totally boundless. As they say, the only limitation is your imagination.
You have to be warned, though that this kind of pen is not to be used during examinations. In addition, you are highly discouraged from using this pen if you are filling out government forms. The ink may disappear over time and the information that you have written may vanish. This could get you in trouble with the law in the long run.
What are the different types of erasable pens?
As you go on your quest to find the right erasable colored pens, you will certainly encounter different types of it. Don’t be confused; each one is not just a fancy version of itself. All of them have specific purposes that are shown by their respective design.
Here are the different types of erasable pens that you will see on the store and online:
- Ballpoint pen. This is the most common type of erasable pen. Just like traditional pens, this has a tip of 0.7mm to 0.5mm. This pen is commonly used in writing. Students are the most typical users of this pen. If you have a toddler who is learning how to write, this is also an ideal tool for them. With this, they won’t have to waste paper again because the lines can be easily erased. Moreover, the color selection will keep them interested for a very long time.
- Fountain pen. This kind of pen dispenses the ink in a liberal fashion. This type of erasable pen is good for inking illustrations or doodle drafts. If you are a student reviewing for an examination, this is a good tool for underlining important words, phrases, and sentences that you wish to remember. The erasable fountain pen ink also looks wonderful in calligraphy works.
- Retractable pen. Retracting erasable pens are spring-loaded pens. Since they do not have the traditional cap to prevent the ink from drying, it uses the metal spring to bring forth and retract the tip whenever you need to use it.
- Chisel-tip. The chisel tip erasable pens are ideal for those who are into calligraphy. The width of the chisel tip gives you a full control on different strokes, creating a magnificent lettering.
- Felt-tip. Felt tips are very useful during review sessions. This makes highlighting the words, phrases, and sentences a breeze. If you are a student who wishes to remember so many things in your subjects, this is definitely the perfect erasable pen for you!
Once you get to know all of the different types of erasable pens, using them according to your needs would be a piece of cake! Plus, you won’t overspend on other brands in the market that are surely low quality.
Why do you need good erasable pens?
Erasable pens are good products to use if you wish to stop wasting ink crossing the words or lines that you made to cover it up. If you are the type of person who always makes a mistake when writing using a pen, the best erasable highlighters will definitely keep your paper clean and organized at all times.
If you are learning how to draw or doodle, a trustworthy erasable pen is the best tool that can help you improve your skills. The impermanence of the ink of an erasable pen makes it an ideal tool to further hone your artistic skills.
In addition, an erasable pen can help you improve your penmanship. If you think that your penmanship needs a bit of work, then the erasable ink will let you practice over and over again until you perfect it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted erasable pen brands?
There are currently hundreds, if not thousands of erasable pen brands in the market these days. Choosing the worst brand is an easy mistake to make, given the number of choices available. However, if you are informed, you can easily separate the
Here are the most trusted erasable pen brands:
- Pilot FriXion Pens
- Paper Mate
- M&G iErase
These brands have gained the approval of satisfied customers all over the world. Aside from their popularity amongst children, erasable pens are also quite famous amongst artists. This is because they can be erased whenever a mistake is made on the draft.
If you are planning on getting an erasable pen, these are the brands that are worth trusting and spending money on.
Does erasable pen ink fade?
While the charm of the erasable inks appears to be magical, it is far from reality. As a matter of fact, the erasable ink is made of a solution from liquid rubber cement. This is the ink that comes into contact with the surface of the paper.
Once it dries, it can be erased by the rubber tip at the other end of the pen. The friction that is created by rubbing the eraser on the surface of the paper facilitates the removal of the hardened ink.
The ink can only be erased for up to 10 hours. Once it’s settled on the paper, it will be harder to erase. Only then that the ink will begin to fade slowly.
How do you get FriXion ink to reappear?
If you wish to remove the ink from the paper that you are using, just turn the other end of your FriXion pens and rub the tip of the eraser. The friction produces up to 60°C and the ink will disintegrate on the surface of the paper. You can also press a clothes iron to remove the ink.
While the hardened part of the ink is eliminated once it is heated, it still will leave a fair trace on the surface of the paper. Cooling the paper up to -10°C, the ink will appear again. You have to take note, though, that the traces of ink may not be as clear as it was before. But still, you would be able to read the words and numbers or see the lines properly.
How do you use erasable pens?
Using an erasable pen is just like using a traditional pen. The only difference between the two is the ability of the erasable pen to remove the specially-formulated ink.
You write whatever you want on a piece of paper. If you made a mistake or you simply want to do over, you can remove the ink using the eraser on the other end of the pen. The friction between the eraser and the paper increases the heat, making the erasure possible.
You can do this step as many times as you want or until you have achieved your writing goals!
Where should I buy erasable pens?
You can buy your own erasable pens in any art supply or school supply store near you. You can also purchase them in Walmart, Lowes, Target, and other supermarkets. If you want to check if these can be delivered to your home, just use Google and type the product plus the store, for example, type “erasable pens Target”, and you’ll be able to see if it can be.
If you can’t find the specific brand of erasable pens that you are looking for, you can always search the internet. There are plenty of online stores that sell this kind of product. Amazon.com is a perfect example of that. Here, you choose from a wide selection of brands starting from the most popular ones down relatively unknown ones. You can also read customer reviews to learn a little about each brand’s performance. This way, you will have an idea about each brand before making a purchase.
How to care and clean?
Taking care of your things can prolong its life. If you want to enjoy using your erasable pens, you certainly need to learn how to take care of them.
Here’s how you can extend your erasable pen’s life:
- Wipe the tips after use. After using the erasable pen, wipe its tip in order to remove the excess ink. The excess ink may harden and block the opening of the reservoir. This may result in the improper transfer of ink to paper.You can do this on a weekly or monthly basis, depending on the frequency of use.
- Don’t store the pen upwards. Pens work with gravity in order to dispense the ink properly. If you write upside down, this will stop the flow of the ink. Storing the pen upside down will have a huge impact on the pen itself. The ink will stay away from the nib if the pen is stored upside down for a long period of time.
- Don’t drop it. Some pens’ inks get messed up inside when the pen is dropped. Sometimes, the ball mechanism gets loosened up and causes the pen to release uneven ink on a surface. This effectively ruins your writing experience.
- Don’t use it as a beating stick. Artists get inspiration from different sources. One of which is by banging the pen against a hard surface to imitate a drum beat. Doing this to your erasable pen might lead to leakage, resulting in poor performance when you need to use it.
- Don’t use it on other surfaces aside from paper. Writing on other surfaces aside from paper can affect the performance of any erasable paper. While there is no limit in imagination, you have to know that erasable pens are made to work properly only on paper. If you can stop yourself, avoid using the pen on wood, concrete, metal, and plastic.
While traditional pens and pencils have ruled the world for a very long time, the charm of erasable pens has certainly made their permanent impression. However, not all erasable pens are created equal. Some may give the best writing experience while some may provide a terrible encounter. It is a chance that may happen all the time if you don’t know anything about this product. The only trick that you can do to overcome this is to find the best erasable pen through research.
Erasable pens are awesome tools that help you feel confident that whenever you make mistakes, whether in your notes or when you overstretched a line in your drawing, you can easily correct it. They say nobody’s perfect, but a spot of ink that can be erased can may one’s work appear perfect.
I am a former art teacher, so it is evident to me the importance of art in educating the new generation. We also want to help parents who plan to teach their children and desire the best tools and tips for them.