Having toddlers who are starting to love doodling can be both gratifying and annoying at times. Being surprised with marker doodles on the walls and doors are some of the common scenarios to anticipate.
Just the sight of it feels like you’re on the verge of another cleaning mission. Thankfully, Crayola has created a brilliant washable marker line that is way easier to remove than regular markers.
However, cleaning can still be challenging. To help you out, in this article, we’ll reveal some essential home remedies on how to get washable marker off wall and clean it like a pro.
Table of Contents
Ways to Get Washable Marker Off Wall
As you go on with your cleaning mission, whatever method you’re using, always begin by testing it inconspicuously before applying it to the actual stain.
This is to ensure that your chosen home remedy is safe and can get marker and crayon off walls without damaging the walls surface or the paint.
1. Water, Soft Scrub and Alcohol Trio
This trio is the best way to remove Crayola Washable dry erase markers on painted wall. Washable markers are water based, so light washable markers stain can be effortlessly removed with water.
For heavier washable marker stains, Soft Scrub and alcohol are good cleaning reinforcement.
What to prepare
- Soft Scrub or multipurpose cleaner or mild abrasive cleanser
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
What to do
- Step 1: Wet the sponge with water and squeeze excess water.
- Step 2: Wipe the stain off using the wet sponge. If the stain persists proceed to step 3.
- Step 3: Apply Soft Scrub on the sponge.
- Step 4: Scrub in a circular motion to remove Crayola marker from wall.
- Step 5: Rinse with water. If the marker stain still remains, proceed to step 6.
- Step 6: Apply rubbing alcohol on the cotton balls.
- Step 7: Rub gently to get Crayola marker off wall
2. Dishwashing liquid and Magic Eraser Duo
If you’re dealing with Ultra-Clean washable marker stain, you can never go wrong with this duo. Soap and water with little scrubbing can dissolve washable marker stains off any walls or doors.
This home remedy can get markers off walls quite easily without removing paint.
What to prepare
- Dishwashing liquid
- Sprayer bottle
- Magic eraser
What to do
- Step 1: In a spray bottle, dilute the dishwashing liquid with enough water.
- Step 2: Spray the soapy solution on the sponge.
- Step 3: Scrub the soapy sponge on the spot to take off marker from walls.
- Step 4: Wipe it dry with a clean rag. If stains persist, proceed to step 5.
- Step 5: Finish off the remaining marker stain with magic eraser.
3. Water, Windex, and Magic Eraser Combo
This home remedy combo can remove old sharpie from wall. Since we’re dealing with permanent marker stains, it’s better to clean them right away as soon as you spot them.
Sharpie removal from wall is easier when the markings are new. This combo can also remove stains from other permanent marker brands.
What to prepare
- Windex or any glass cleaner
- Magic eraser
Steps to follow:
- Step 1: Spray water on the wall with Sharpie markings.
- Step 2: With enough effort, scrub the markings using a magic eraser.
- Step 3: Wipe with a clean rag. If it doesn’t come off, proceed to step 3.
- Step 4: Spray glass cleaner on the remaining markings.
- Step 5: Scrub again using the magic eraser.
- Step 6: Scrub lightly, followed by wiping until all Sharpie markings are gone.
How to get marker off clothes?
For washable markers, stains can be casually washed off with laundry detergent. If ink stains remain after washing, use Amodex spot remover in combination with Amodex Stain Swipe Wipes.
- Apply stain remover on the markings and leave it for 10 mins.
- Rub it off using the stain swipe wipes and rinse it off with water.
Other stain removers like Oxiclean could do the trick too.
Aside from stain removers, you can also try other home remedies like alcohol, sanitizer, vinegar, and hair spray. Test it in an inconspicuous part of the fabric before applying to the actual stain.
How to get washable markers from plastic?
Compared to permanent marker stains, washable marker stains on plastics can be removed by soap and water combination without much effort.
If this doesn’t work, the stains have probably been there for a long period. A magic eraser can certainly help you remove those old stains effectively.
For permanent marker stain, try writing over it using a dry erase marker. Wipe it swiftly with a paper towel. Rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and toothpaste can also work like a charm.
How to get colored pencil off wall?
For this mission, you will need an all-purpose cleaner, dishwashing liquid, and sponge.
Any all-purpose cleaner can get colored pencils off painted walls. For stubborn colored pencil stains, use diluted dishwashing liquid. Add warm water on dishwashing liquid.
Apply the soapy solution on a sponge and scrub your way until all colored pencil stains are removed. If you want a less messy alternative, the best way is to use a magic eraser.
These methods are recommended as safe on painted walls but remember to test them first before going full pledge cleaning.
There you have it, our 3 basic home remedies on how to get washable marker off wall using simple household items. We hope you end up with another cleaning mission accomplished!
Art has always been a part of my life; it influences my upbringing and later my career choice. For me, it is always a part of my parenting technique. So for whichever purpose that you come to art, you can start here with us.